While taking photos my photographer has a tendency to get a little off task...the last picture being a prime example of his "off-task target." He often gets better photos of the dog than he does me, hence the reason why I only have two photos that turned out halfway decent. That could be for several reasons, with the most obvious being that Dexter is waaayyy cuter than I am. Our failed attempt at pictures means that you can't see the cute button detailing down the side of the top :(
I tried a new product on my hair...Not really loving the results...Trial and error will continue.
Top and Cardigan F21/ Jeans Citizens of Humanity/ Shoes DV Dolce Vita
Just an easy neutral look. I wont be wearing this pant/rolled hem/shoe combination again...It really made my legs look very short. That's one nice thing about taking pictures of your outfits.
Five things I love about my Dad's side of the family:
1. They make family a priority. We get together every Monday night and have dinner. We take turns cooking meals, which takes the burden off of one person and allows us to sample different recipes. I especially love when it is not my turn to cook :)
2. Family dinners mean that I get to see my Grandma and Grandpa at least once a week. I have said it before, but my grandmother is amazing. She is so intelligent and gives the best advice. There is nothing like hearing about life from somebody who has lived one.
3. They are hilarious! My two male cousins have to be some of the funniest people on earth. My uncle likes to be right more than anybody on the planet and is not afraid to tell you when you are wrong. Much of our laughter comes from making fun of each other...it's the Rasmussen way. I am always calling my sister to tell her what humorous things were said around the table.
4. They love and accept me for who I am. They all know that I love to work out, dress up, eat healthy (most of the time), be right, talk a lot, etc. I never feel as if I am being judged.
5. Once a week I see the people that most resemble my father. As many of you know, my dad passed away about a year and a half ago. These dinners always provide me with a feeling of closeness that I can't get anywhere else. I see my dad in my aunt's eyes, my grandpa's skin, my grandma's smart mouth...I could go on and on.
Jeans Express/ Boots Aldo/ Top Free People/ Cardigan Nordstrom
My husband is not a huge fan of breakfast foods, but I could eat breakfast for every meal...pancakes, biscuits and gravy, omelettes, cinnamon rolls, yum! In an attempt to appease my somewhat picky other half I made whole grain waffles with walnuts and bananas and topped them with organic maple syrup. I got a new cookbook for my birthday, so be prepared for some more food posts.
P.S. I know the song is boots with the fur, but that didn't quite fit!
Jeans 7FAM/ Top Nordstrom/ Blazer N. Rack/ Shoes NYLA (old hand-me-down from the sis)
These shoes reminded me a little bit of skittles and this outfit reminded me a little bit of the 80s...but I was diggin' it!
After what felt likes days of trying to figure out how to add the google friend connect widget, it is finally up and running. I am not what you would refer to as a "tech savvy" person, so blogging has really helped me broaden my skills (aka: raise my blood pressure). It does feel pretty darn good once I (aka:my husband) finally figure something out ;) Thanks for reading!
A couple of weekends ago I spent some quality time with one of my best gal pals. There is nothing more relaxing then catching up, lunch, and shopping! My friends are very important people in my life and she is definitely no exception!!! (I found a new collage maker and had a little too much fun.)
One of my other best gal pals is getting married this year and I am lucky enough to be a bridesmaid. I anticipate needing some dresses for all of the bridal festivities and will look no further than BCBG. I adore BCBG and would live in their clothing if I had the choice. These are some of the dresses that I am loving for the up coming events!
Jacket Cynthia Rowley/ Top Old/ Jeans Citizens of Humanity/ Heels BCBGeneration
I am still getting used to the features of blogger and how to format posts, so please bear with me. Just in case you were wondering...I love hearing from you and enjoy all of the comments. Have a great weekend :)
With my mind on my money and my money on my mind...sorry I couldn't resist.
Tunic and Scarf Nordstrom/ Tights Express/ Boots Steve Madden/ Cardigan Abercrombie
I have been under the weather AGAIN this week. This was as close as I could get to wearing pajamas to work, without actually wearing pajamas. My evenings have been filled with "How I Met Your Mother" marathons and orange juice. While watching TV a commercial for a new scary movie kept coming on and really freaking me out. I am one of those people who will actually change the channel to avoid watching (more like hearing since I avert my eyes) the commercial. I have always been a scaredy cat. I think my sister got all of the fearless genes. That's alright, I got the long(er) legs.
Dress Old/ Cardigan Nordstrom/ Boots Michael Kors/ Necklace Nordstrom
I will continue my "five things" posts this week with five things I love about my husband...without giving TMI :)
1. He is very funny and has the best smile and laugh!
2. He works hard and takes pride in everything he does.
3. He takes the time to let me know that he appreciates me.
4. He corrects my spelling, grammar, punctuation, definitions of words, etc., but still says that I am the better writer/smarter because I used to get sixes and he only got fives from the senior English teacher (if you went to high school where we did you get what that means).
5. He is thoughtful and supportive of everything I do, perhaps with the exception of shopping.
Of course I could keep going forever, but I will stop at five for your sake. Thanks for reading!
My husband got me these Tory Burch flats for Valentine's day. He isn't a huge fan of the holiday, so I was excited to receive such a nice gift! I wore them with some leather leggings and an oversized sweater for a day of shopping with a friend.
I attempted to make a friend's recipe of homemade granola bars this weekend. I ran out of honey in the process but continued the recipe anyway, thinking that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. If you guessed that my granola bars turned out more like granola you are correct. Not all of the ingredients stuck together, but it still tastes yummy!
Sorry, this dress reminded me of that song. I spent the weekend cleaning, specifically my closet. I always hate the idea of cleaning, but it feels so nice once it is all done and organized. I hope all you beauties had a great weekend!
Warning, the following has nothing to do with fashion:
A couple of weeks ago I posted about "my feelings." Yikes! None of you provided me with any advice :) so I asked my sister her opinion. She gave me good advice (as always) and rather than telling me what to do, she provided me with some questions to ask myself. After a couple of days of thinking (a couple of days is nothing compared to how long I can think/obsess about silly things) I decided to not say anything. One of the questions that my sister posed was, "would it change anything if you spoke up?" In this case I don't think it would. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and perhaps change your expectations for that person.
I love posting about clothing, shoes, etc., but I thought it would be nice to share a little of who I am and how I think. Thanks for reading. Have a great Saturday!
Jeans Joe's/ Blouse BCBG/ Jacket Express/ Shoes Steve Madden
First, I would like to point out that I have no idea what that white dot is in the first photo. I am sure if I were better with cameras there would be some technical term for it. Now to the important stuff...
This might be my favorite shirt. I love the color, cinched waist, and somewhat high-low hem. I always feel pretty when I wear it :) I'm looking forward to another three day weekend!
This was my attempt at using the self-timer to take my photos. Needless to say, none of them turned out very well. There are days when it is difficult to get a photo session in, so I should probably take a cue from some other blogs and not do outfit posts everyday...
I also want to start something new on my blog. I couldn't think of anything clever so I will just call it 5 things.
5 things I love about my sister:
1. She taught me the important things in life...how to apply fake lashes, the importance of wearing sunscreen, the use of feminine products ;). Of course there are other (debatably more) important things, but I would like to leave those between us.
2. She will listen to me complain/rant/drone on without giving me a hard time. She knows when I just want to vent and don't necessarily want to hear what I should do. She also gives really good advice when I do need it (she is one of the smartest people on earth).
3. She is hilarious, even if I am sometimes the butt of the joke.
4. She makes me think. Ever since I can remember my sister has made me defend my opinions, answer hypotheticals, pick a side (as mentioned before I love the grey area), ponder the meaning of life, etc.
5. She gave me the best nephews and niece that a Titi could ask for :)
I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so I got a kick out of this link my sister sent me.
Jacket Abercrombie/Skirt, Hat, Shoes Nordstrom/Shirt Express/Clutch YSL
I have really been loving Miranda Kerr's style lately. She effortlessly combines basic pieces to create cool looks, which makes it easy to recreate your favorites. Who are your favorite celebrity fashionistas? Don't forget to let me know in the comments section ;)
Sweater Target/ Vest Express/ Jeans Joe's/ Boots Aldo
I have been attempting to wear some older items from my closet and both the sweater and the vest are a couple of years (2-4?) old. Sometimes when you wait long enough, it feels like you are wearing something new. I have quite the obsession with striped clothing. For a while I was consciously staying away from anything striped, but now I just embrace my strong connection with the print. I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine is continuing with a nice Monday off!
Many of the most popular bloggers on the web wear A LOT of J. Crew. I do love their classic pieces, but find that it is a little out of my price range. If money were no object, these are some of the items that I would add to my arsenal... I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I am spending the day with one of my other most favorite people :)