Monday, February 4, 2013

We Survived




After 13 weeks of hard work and dedication the half marathon was a success! We ran the entire length of the course (minus the drinking/walking). We tried drinking while running and that didn't work out so well. I think it is safe to say that we were both a bit nervous, but once we got going the butterflies disappeared. The first five miles were our best and I can attribute that to the good songs blaring through my headphones via Pandora (can anybody say "Sexy and I know it" and "Gangnam Style"). Around mile 9.5 Melisa turned to me and said, "It feels like we will never get there...that's what she said."  :) We asked our husbands if they would hold up funny signs, but they both declined. I was just happy that they were willing to get up at 5:45 AM on a Sunday to cheer us on. By cheer us on I mean eat at Black Bear Diner in the warm and wait for 40 minutes at the finish line so that they could miss us going by! I was asked several times if a full marathon was in my future. The answer to that is HELL NO, but I never thought I would do a half marathon either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment