Monday, March 4, 2013

Beef Stir Fry

My sister gave me an awesome cookbook for my birthday and I have been trying a new recipe pretty much everyday of the week. One recipe that Nick and I both enjoyed was beef stir-fry with broccoli. I also added asparagus, but I'll get to that in a minute. I am always looking for quick, easy, yet tasty dinners. Confession....the first couple of months of living on my own I ate a lot of tacos and spaghetti.

Beef Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Asparagus

2 teaspoons neutral-tasting oil, such as canola or sunflower
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon finely julienned peeled fresh ginger
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (I used more because I like spicy food)
1/2 pound boneless sirloin or tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
1/2 cup asparagus spears
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice

Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes until just golden, stirring frequently, about one minute. Increase heat to high, and add beef, broccoli and asparagus. Cook until beef is seared and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning strips once, 2-3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and orange juice. Serve immediately.

Sorry, I didn't think to take a good picture, so you are left with the IPhone photo that I sent to my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment